Creativity Quest

In this blog I will endeavor to document my quest to improve how I use creativity and ICT in the classroom.

I think creativity is one of the most important things we can teach our students; I really like the idea of being a facilitator and not just a teacher who stands up the front and “tells” students exactly what they have to do and how it should be done. This approach requires the teacher to “let go” of the control and also be prepared for a variety of responses and quality. The task may not always generate the response you may have expected and that is where the joy is found! I am constantly surprised and amazing at the stuff children are capable of when we let them. I am also blown away at the joy at which most students approach creative tasks. It can also be met with some apprenhsion, particularly when students have been used to a culture of “right and wrong” and when they are scared of risk taking. I think creating a cultural of creativity is essential for powerful learning to take place.