Hot Tip success…

We are approaching the business end of the project and I am feeling really happy with the way things are going. The hot tips posters were a great success. I handed out post-it notes to the students as they were working and if they had a good idea they wrote it down. I would then stop the game play and that student would share their idea with the class. This worked really well. On the flip side if a child had a problem or an issue we would stop the class and ask for advice about how to deal with this issue. I really liked the sharing of ideas and the sense of community that has developed! I have also spotted kids referring back to the “tips” chart during their game time when they are having trouble. ! I think the “hot tips” is a really transferable idea that would work in many tasks and I will definitely use it again.  I think it really helped kids to verbalise their strategies and their metacognition. It also acted as a model for the other kids who didn’t have a strategy and I think helped to make them more away of the notion of strategizing.  These were our first tips…

IMG_0447 IMG_0452 IMG_0451

I have also been doing mini mayor interviews during the game play time.